Friday, December 31, 2010

Life in Poetry: Dot

Hey there. I just wanted to share a poem I wrote for a girl I use to, okay, maybe I still love her a little, just a tiny bit little left. I dunno, just let it be. Anyways, I guess I was just never ever able to make her a decent poem. I made her a poem once but it was kinda short. This one isn't perfectly made either (kinda rusty in poem making), but I was still able to do it and I think its good enough. So, I hope you guys enjoy it. The title of the poem is "Dot" and I dedicate this poem to Dorothy Ko. I know that I'm not your type and I am just a friend for you, but I am still thankful for all the times that we shared together. I will forever remember you and I will cherish everything about you forever. So here goes...

Dot
by: Noel Yulo

Nothing comes easy when I hear her name
Nor when I see the sight of this beautiful dame
I sometimes close my eyes in disbelief
For God giving me this beauty for my eyes to see
For her face is as gentle as a cold winder breeze
To stare at her beauty will make your body freeze
And every time you hear her voice as she speaks
It's like hearing the calm waters of a peaceful creek
Just to think of her is enough to make your mind jolt
A rare unique of beauty, a girl by the name of Dot

It wasn't a long time ago when our paths have crossed
I knew a little, I've only seen her across school halls
But she always seem to slipped out of my mind
I didn't bother anymore if things about her I couldn't find
Until destiny played a little game with me
Three years after, I was staring near her glorious beauty
"We are classmates", this I thought
"Everything about her, now I can finally sought"
I knew it was a very difficult task at hand
But all worthwhile if someday I could hold her hands

Days have past and weeks have fade
I was still having a hard time staring at her face
But we always find ways to stare eye to eye
With a smile on our faces, we give each other a "Hi"
Little by little we found ways to connect
It was either on chat or in the night we text
And slowly but surely, I was getting to know her more
It was a flowering friendship, like opening a new door
There was more to her beauty than I ever thought
She is quite a bully, yet is still filled with charm

It may seem cliche to easily fall for her
She was the prettiest girl in our class, I have to concur
So I asked myself repeatedly on the head
"Is this infatuation? Or something more than that"
But I quickly took my mind out of the equation
I instead listened to my heart's palpitations
It was just that she was making my heart skip a beat
I couldn't care less if a friend wanted me to quit
I knew that I wanted her and I need to take a chance
Nothing was quite sure, but I wanted to be her man

As months have passed, many things have happened
We were closer than I would have ever imagined
It took some time for me to find a way
To express all in her what I wanted to say
So it was on the 16th of July that we sat on a bench
I was feeling nervous, I was feeling a little dense
But I did what I needed to do and said what I needed to say
I gave a nervous speech and I was feeling the rush in my veins
I utter the the three words for the first time in front of her
"I love you" I said, and then silence in the wind came after

"Basta huwag lang lagi", she simply replied
I was dumbfounded by the words that came by
I couldn't believe that for all that I did
It all went down to a simple jilt
I guess I wasn't the type she was looking for
I thought I was enough, but she wanted more
We were still friends, I assured her that
But I lied about being okay as I cried a lot
I died a little as days passed by
My heart completely shattered as my love was denied

I would be lying if I say for the moment I'm alright
But I understand her truly, so I must do what is right
God has been good to me for giving me the chance to love her
Between me and her and the moments we had I'll forever remember
She is truly a girl quite one in seven billion
That's why I couldn't help but feel nothing but affection
A true beauty that God probably won't duplicate
Someone who you would spend a lifetime to accommodate
She is simply beautiful, elegant, a bully, but sexy and hot
There is really like no other girl, a girl by the name of Dot


:D

No comments:

Post a Comment