Saturday, January 1, 2011

5 New Year's Resolution for 2011


So 2011 is officially underway and I might say, food-wise, I'm content for the 1st day of the new year. But happiness level-wise, not so. It seems to me that every New Year is getting boring as the years come by. Back then it was such a big deal for our family that there were so many foods, gatherings, drinks. Now, its just a simple ghost-like presence. We did had food during New Year's Eve, but, we had much better days. Anyways, no matter what, no need to frown up despite a very boring New Year's Day, there are still 364 days to spend 2011. So it has been a tradition for me to make New year's Resolution. Sure, there's the saying that what's the use of having resolutions when you just find ways to break it. I say, you're just weak because you can't make your resolutions, hehe. I also can't make all of my resolutions but I could proudly say I could keep up 70% of my resolutions. But I do realize that the more resolutions you make, the more likely you won't be able to do them, so I decided to just make five for this year. Just simple thought out things I needed to change for the new year. I've been living in this Earth for 20 years, I need a fresh look. So here are my 5 New Year's Resolution for the year 2011:

1.) Only compliment a girl once.

To be quite honest, I'm getting tired complimenting girls. Don't get me wrong, I like girls, I love girls. But I'm just tired listening to their response whenever I compliment them. It's either "Hindi uy!" (No, I'm not!) or "Bolero ka tlga!" (You are such a liar!). And all I'm just doing is telling them the truth. Props for those who simply say thank you, but the majority? It's getting tiring listening to it. So for this 2011 and beyond, I'm going to compliment a girl just once. If they won't believe me, fine. If they call me a bolero, whatever. It's very insulting to honest people like me, nyahaha!

Chance of Breaking it? -----> Most likely I'll end up saying it twice. But that's it.

2.) Greet anyone you know (even if they don't know you that much).

I'm a friendly person. Yeah, I am. Despite my shy attitude and my quite aura, I'm quite friendly. Talk with me and I'll talk with you. That's just it. But some people don't talk to me at first because I'm the one that has no intention to talk first. So I decided for the 2011 and beyond to greet anyone I know. If I see you around town, I'll automatically greet you with a "Hi!".

Chance of Breaking it? -----> I do believe that I won't be able to greet anyone, because I don't feel like greeting some....ever.

3.) Be straight-forward and avoid to be shy.

I only have one life, so might as well make the most out of it. I'm not a plastic guy, but there are just times when I don't say what I want to say. It's either I keep the truth and shut up rather than saying it and be vocal. Now, I'm going to say what I want to say. And of course, I really need to take out my shyness for real. I've been partially shy guy for 20 years now, I need a new image, and being shy won't work anymore.

Chance of Breaking it? -----> I do have to understand that I just can't say "I like you" to every girl I'll find beautiful. Although I'll probably ask them out.

4.) Remember to keep up with the resolutions you made during the previous years.

I'm quite proud to say that I have kept some of my previous resolutions. Sure some of them took two years, but mostly I was able to follow them the moment I made them. Example are staying healthy, exercise, not being too emo, yeah, I've done those things. But it's important to still keep them going because you never want to downgrade, ever.

Chance of Breaking it? -----> Sometimes in the moment of weakness, I'll tend to commit previous problems again, but...nah, I'm already good.

5.) Be a bad man.

Now this is the big resolution. I decided I'm done being a good guy. For the first 20 years of my life I have done nothing but be a good person. A good son. A good brother. A good friend. A good classmate. A good admirer. I'm all good!! But what do I get? Disrespect. People ignoring me. Sure, people will tell me "Don't ever change. Be a good person to this bad world". Bullshit. I'm just done being a good guy for now, it hasn't brought me any good. I'll be more vile, cruel, cold, sadistic, foul-mouthed S.O.B. If I have to unleash hell to get the respect I deserve, damn straight I'm going to raise hell.

Chance of Breaking it? -----> BIG TIME!! hehe. I'm a natural good guy. It's in my blood. I'll probably act bad, but I'll still do good things...even if I'll hate myself after.

Well, those are my resolutions for the year 2011. Just simple five resolutions. So I do hope I'll do get to do them all and hopefully I'll have a better upcoming year. And also I hope I do get to write more here in my blog, although I'm pretty quite sure no one reads my blog, despite that, I'm still going to write stuff here. So I want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!! May all of us have a great 2011!!! Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment