Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hanging out with your Girl Friends

All of us have different type of friends. We hang out with different group of friends. You have your friends from home. Friends from school. Friends from other places. Categorizing them always to be different from one another. As a guy, you tend to have more guy friends. You hang-out with a group of guy friends. But along the way, you could practically say that you have girl friends, female friends. That you have a group of friends compose of all girls. It's essential that at least sometimes in your life, you need to hang out with them.

Last night, I went to a supposedly house party. One last party before review for the NLE starts. Though as much as I don't believe the idea that we won't have parties or drinking sessions during the span of reviewing, if I want to play my cards right, then this could probably be my last drink or party that I will attend before the review starts. The review composes of five months, so probably I'll have to wait that long to drink or party again. The plan was made two days earlier, and any guy who likes partying and drinking would commit given the right timing, reason and people who will attend. But as the day came (Friday), I was already feeling cautious of the idea that only few will come. Despite the number of people that were invited (C peeps and friends), I have this feeling that only few will come.

So there I was, just finished eating dinner, looking at the clock. Just 45 minutes away from 8PM. It was a cold night, I still haven't got enough sleep because I had an 11-7 duty earlier. But I made a commitment, and when Noel Yulo commits, only a certain reason can bail me out. I had no reason to bail. I had a few excuses made up in my mind, but I had no reason to bail. I asked and told some of my guy friends to come. One was coming because I was coming. My other guy friend was coming because I gave my word I would come. My one faggot guy friend couldn't come because he is sick (it actually surprises me he got sick). So I went, not knowing who will come, just giving my word to some people that "Noel Yulo will be coming".

I took a multicab ride to Ecoland. Went by the Convenience Store to buy Emperador (which would be my contribution for the night). With my hood on, I took a cold walk from there to Camuning St. As I saw my friend's house, I quickly notice some of my other female friends there. Honestly, I was already questioning myself of going there. Noel Yulo being there and Noel Yulo not being there wouldn't make a difference in their night. But this was my friends. As a guy, I really can't sometimes have a long discussion with them. But I had history with these friends of mine. I went inside my "House in Juna", greeted my friend's Ma and Pa, went to the backyard, sat down on the table, looking at my phone reading some textes, and then. Zoom.

Fast forward and I was already about to go home. My ate female friend and his boyfriend were about to go home. She lives in Dacoville, near Toril, so I can have a free ride and drop-off in Bangkal. My other female friend who lives in Gulf View also went with us (I think she was already tipsy). As I went inside my ate friend's car, I looked at the mirror and reflected on what happend on that night. I actually had a good time with my female friends. It wasn't the party I was hoping for, but there were drinks, foods, and we had some laughs. Sure, only 11 of us were there. My girl friends, my ate girl friend's boyfriend, some friends of my girl friends, and us three guys. If you knew us all personally, then you really couldn't imagine how we end up having that line-up, but yeah, it was still fun.

It wasn't the kind of drinking session where we went there to get wasted, get freaking drunk and go crazy. It was just any ordinary house drinking party. We ate junkfood, drank mixed vodka and just talked about anything. Although mostly my girl friends talked with one another and us three guys talking, we still shared one table. It was inevitable we wouldn't be drinking and having a good time together.

As we drove by our street, I went out from the car, gave my last goodbyes and proceed to take another cold walk to our house. I wasn't crazily drunk, nor was tipsy, but I was dead sleepy. I used the PC and net for a while, and then went to sleep. As I woke up, I received two text from my guy friend and girl friend from last night. They had a good time last night, and for me, it was nice. Because despite the fact that only few people came, despite the few reasons why that line-up even got together, we still managed to have a great time. Yes, I really did hope for a better party, wishing more people came. But whoever came last night, good for them. It didn't matter for me, I had a good evening with these guys, and I wouldn't mind doing it again. I guess what I'm trying to say that for a guy, it is also nice to hang out with your girl friends. Yes, in my situation, hanging out with them, I must tend to get a little less crazy, I'm practically quite with these guys. But as long as I can have good conversations with them, drink and eat with them, share a few Ken Salang joke's, then it was all good to me. The fact that all of us appreciate what happened last night is the main reason I'm typing this one out. It wasn't the night or party I was looking forward to, maybe also for them, probably it will be a while again until I hang out with my girl friends again, but hey, a party is still a party no matter how small........the number of people are.

No comments:

Post a Comment